Sunday, February 5, 2012

Printing on fabric



I recently bought a book, a craft book, a...nuther...craft book, but this one I justified for Anya's B-day pressie in Aug. It has a few cool ideas I thought I could take full advantage of between then and now. One of these 'ideas' is printing onto fabric using your home printer, something I've always wanted to try, but was kinda dubious about blowing my printer up.

What you need:
freezer paper (you can get this from spotlight)
white cotton (quilter's weight type thing)
1 piece of A4 printers paper (as a size guide)

Iron your freezer paper to your fabric without any steam, then using double sided tape, stick your piece of A4 paper to the back of the freezer paper, then trim any excess off your fabric/ freezer paper piece. Find you image, print it on your printer and voi la!
Not too sure on the colour fast situation, but watch this space peeps..
P.S: SHOP update

6 comments:

Stella said...

WOW! Can't wait to hear how it lasts in the machine - but regardless, this is COOL!! Feeling v. inspired... Also, thanks for your comment (Always love comments from you!), and hurrah for some actual time afforded to me in which I may post comments on blogs! Though I suspect this may be the only one I manage, before one of them wakes up...

Flower said...

hehe...bless the new babies! xx

Teeny said...

that is really cute. grea idea.

Teeny said...

p.s. I'm Teeny, a fellow kiwi, and your blog looks like one I'll keep reading! Thanks for adding me on your sidebar, I'll link you too!

Melissa said...

hi that looks really cool, would be keen to know about colour fastness, and what a bout a tutorial? Have been trying to post a comment before but google keeps doing weird stuff, anyway loving your posts and photos! With baby 4 coming soon I'm flipping out a bit, how do you do it all?

Tinks* said...

Wow! Flower- super cool! I'm intrigued!!!! Wish I has a printer to experiment with.. Xx*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...