Monday, May 2, 2011

Chicken & Leek Pie

Chicken & Leek Pie:


2 Chicken breasts, 1 large or 2 small leeks, 3 cloves of garlic, 2 heaped tsps of seeded mustard, 1 chilli, 1/4 cup of white wine & cream, 2 good dollops of sour cream, S&P


Pastry:


2 C flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 175 grams of butter, enough cold water to bind.



Chop chicken & leeks, saute in a dash of olive oil with your garlic, cooking the chicken first. Add the wine and reduce, then the cream's & mustard and spoon into a pastry lined pie dish such as the gorgeous one in the pic below which I scored today for $4.50.



Pop a pastry lid on top, brush with milk and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake 180 C until golden on top Approx 40 min



My lovely seduced me with this when we first met. It was the first thing he cooked me on my 'first sleepover' xox







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...